
Ok, here is my first--and fourth total--entry in quite some time. I've got good reason to write this time. My wife, Lisa, is pregnant with our first child, a baby girl. We are so ecstatic. She is 24 weeks along and is due to have the baby on May 31.
Here is the thing that presents some issues: naming the girl. Think about it--this requires Lisa and me to NAME a real human being. Last time I checked, I had never done that before. And I still haven't. We really feel like we've landed on the right name for her--Lillian Carol Grothe--but how are we really to know? Lisa is pretty settled on liking the name, and so am I, but I wonder sometimes if I'm supposed to have an epiphany before settling on a name.
I'm smart enough to know, on most days, that its just a decision we have to make, but that doesn't mean I don't wonder from time to time. So, now you're clued in to what I've been thinking about on occasion.
Sidenote: My wife's name is Lisa Carol Grothe and her Mom is Linda Carol Wakley, so we'll be passing on the middle name to our little one. I love middle names. And I love that she'll have her mother's and grandmother's middle name. (My middle name, Wilson, is my mom's maiden name. My parents named me after my Grandpa, Daniel Wilson.)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home